Learning Through Technology Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice set out how Holyrood Communications Limited (“Holyrood”) will use and protect any information that you provide when registering for Learning Through Technology 2018.
Holyrood’s use of your data
We may store and process your personal data you provide on the event registration site to comply with our contractual duties to you arising from your event booking and in order to:
- register and facilitate your attendance at Learning Through Technology 2018
- analyse attendance at Learning Through Technology 2018 and any subsequent communications in relation to the event
Holyrood may also use your personal data and registration information to:
- contact you from time to time by email:
- to provide you with updates and details relating to Learning Through Technology 2018
- to inform you about similar events we intend to hold in the future
- to market certain goods or services which we believe will be of relevance or interest to you
- handle any legal claims or regulatory proceedings and ensure legal and regulatory compliance
- improve existing products and services and develop new products and services
- manage delegate and customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes
Holyrood may also provide your personal data to third parties, such as the event venue, our online bookings service provider or catering service providers, to the extent necessary to facilitate your attendance at the event and to fulfil our contractual obligations to you.
Your name, job title and organisation will be included in a list of event attendees, which will be included in the event program, and will be made available to all attendees, including our staff and event sponsors (a list of which is available on the event site).
We may use or hire photographers to photograph or film parts of the event, including group and crowd shots, and may use such media for marketing and promotional purposes.
You have the right to:
- request information about how your personal data are processed, and to request a copy of that personal data.
- request that any inaccuracies in your personal data are rectified without delay.
- request that any incomplete personal data are completed, including by means of a supplementary statement.
- request that your personal data are erased if there is no longer a justification for them to be processed.
- in certain circumstances request that the processing of your personal data is restricted.
- object to the processing of your personal data where it is processed for direct marketing purposes.
- request a copy of any personal data you have provided, and for it to be provided in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format.
Please contact us at the following addresses if you would like to exercise any of these rights or have any queries regarding our use of your data:
Data Protection Committee
Dods Group PLC (as parent company of Holyrood Communications Limited)
32 London Bridge Street
If you consider that your personal data has been misused or mishandled, you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
0303 123 1113